10 things you need to know this Tuesday morning - Nigerian Newspapers
Good morning! Here is today's summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the South-South, especially in Rivers State, including candidates for the 2023 elections, yesterday called on the presidential candidate of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and governors of the South-West to stop hobnobbing with Governor Nyesom Wike.
2. Barely two months after the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, uncovered a methamphetamine clandestine laboratory in a highbrow residential estate at Victoria Garden City, Lekki area of Lagos, the agency has again recovered no fewer than 13,451,466 pills of tramadol 225mh worth N8.9 billion in street value from the same estate.
3. The Federal Government, yesterday, described the purported list of nominees for national honours being circulated by some online media organisations as fake. The list of nominees, which has now gone viral on the Internet, has however generated criticisms, especially over the calibre of people nominated for awards.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Mr. Aminu Umar-Sadiq as the new Managing Director of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA). This was contained in a statement by the Special Adviser, Media & Communications to the Honourable Minister of Finance, Budget & National Planning, Mr. Tanko Abdullahi, last night.
5. Barring any last-minute change of mind, the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, will this week meet to deliberate on the crisis rocking the party. It was learnt the advisory body is worried by the growing feud between the party and loyalists of the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, and may ask the party's National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu to resign.
READ ALSO >>> Current Fuel Price in Nigeria Today » 2022
6. The Court of Appeal in Abuja will on Tuesday (today) hear the appeal of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, against the ruling by the National Industrial Court. This is as negotiations and talks have continued between the House of Representatives led by the Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila and the union.
7. The people of Mopa town in the Mopa-Muro Local Government Area of Kogi State have been thrown into mourning following the death of four family members after they consumed cassava flour, aka Amala. The victims reportedly died in quick succession between Friday, September 30, and Sunday, October 2.
8. The son of a hunter in Dutse Gogo town near Kaiama, headquarters of the Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State, Abubakar Abubakar, on Sunday, shot dead his younger brother, Yusuf Abubakar, while testing the efficacy of a gunshot protective charm newly procured by their father.
9. Ahead of today's publication of the final list of nominated governorship candidates by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), reports from States indicated that multiple litigations are trailing primaries of the major political parties.
10. Motorists and other road users had a hectic moment on Lokoja-Abuja highway on Monday as flood took over the axis where a new bridge is being constructed around Kotonkarfei town in Kogi State. Commuters were held up for several hours, resulting in heavy traffic buildup that extended to Lokoja-Koton-Karfe road.
BREAKING >>> Honda Cars Price list in Nigeria
LISTEN TO >>> Music Mp3: Waje Ft Tiwa Savage - All Day
READ ALSO >>> Alkaline Net Worth 2022
For All Nigeria Past Questions Visit www.QUESTION.NG
Kindly share this post on different Social Media below
NOTE: User comments in this section are, as the name implies, provided by users of this website. The question.ng team is not responsible for, nor do they endorse, any of the information provided here.